Dermapen Cryo Treatment
Based at Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire. Natural Beauty is now offering within its Health Clinic a Warts, Veruccas, Skin Tags, and Age Spots Removal Clinic.Benign Lesions, such as Warts, Veruccas, Moles, Skin Tags, and Age Spots.Effective removal of the above can be acheived by freezing with the Cryopen. The Dermapen Cryo allows you to make your skin flawless, all over.
Dermapen Cryo an advanced cryotherapy innovation that offers many advantages over traditional spray can-type cryotherapy.
- Firstly, it delivers a nitrous oxide (N2O) jet that is much colder and at a higher pressure than traditional cryo sprays, making for an extremely fast and effective treatment.
- It is able to treat a 2mm lesion in just 10 seconds, and is able to go up to 5mm deep. This means it will save you money on repeat visits.
- Dermapen Cryo will only treat your lesion, and not the healthy surrounding tissue, because of its special applicator tips that can be selected for different sized lesions.
- This means that your treatment will involve minimal discomfort and few side effects. It also means that lesions on the face and the area around the eyes can be safely treated too.
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy (‘cold surgery’) is a highly effective and safe procedure that is used to freeze and destroy benign skin lesions.It uses liquefied nitrous oxide to destroy tissue by freezing the inter-cellular fluid which forms ice shards and crystals that rupture the cell membrane, destroying the cell.
First Freeze Cycle
The clinician will hold the applicator as close as possible to the lesion, and move it quickly towards and away from it. Depending on the lesion size and depth, the treatment could be 1 to 30 seconds.
After the first freezing cycle, the tissue will be allowed to thaw for about 30 seconds.
Second Freeze Cycle
The second freeze cycle will start. The tissue will freeze faster than during the first freezing cycle.
The penetration rate of freezing with the Dermapen Cryo is approximately 1mm per 5 seconds.
frequently asked questions
Cryotherapy is a relatively low-risk procedure. Dermapen Cryo™ delivers N2O directly to the lesion, and not the healthy surrounding tissue. Dermapen Cryo™ is both CE and FDA registered.
The penetration rate of freezing with the Dermapen Cryo™ is approximately 1mm per 5 seconds, with a maximum freezing depth of 3 to 6 mm depending on the used applicator. The duration of the treatment time will depend on the surface area and the thickness of the tissue being treated. Upon the clinical evaluation of the thickness of the lesion, the operator will choose an application time from 1 to 30 seconds.
DermapenCryo Therapy is relatively low risk. There are a few side effects that may occur as a result of treatment, including:
• Pigmentary changes (hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation)
• Nerve damage (particularly in areas where nerves lie close to the surface of the skin, on fingers, wrist, area behind the ear)
• Shards of frozen ice (minor shards of frozen ice may blow out, that will thaw on contact with healthy skin)
• Hair follicle damage and permanent alopecia (especially when treating lesions on sites with coarse terminal hair)
Discuss any concerns with your clinician